Monday, April 30, 2012

The Power of ONE

A lot has changed but my passion is the same. Looking back it has been a minute since I've sat down to really write. Life is busy, busy sometimes and we do so much "living" that we forget to stop and reflect. So now is that time! So... changes, you ask? Since I know that my current list of followers is longer than Santa's (hehe). Eventuallllly!

Anyways, I have an awesome business partner for a possible upcoming adventure. I can't give too many clues yet but let's just say that a great phrase for this upcoming opportunity would be "Shake & Snap." More on that to come... but that is, of course, to keep my fans always guessing! LOL

I'm really excited for the new chapters that are to coming and the awesome opportunities to market Psotta Photography. Speaking of which, recently I was sitting outside at the patio at Panera Bread doing some much needed business planning and I saw a group of about 4 teenagers sitting on the bench nearby chatting and goofing off as teenagers do-- heck, who am I kidding, I'm practically still like that!? So naturally I asked them where most people get their senior pics done. In overall agreement, they replied with a local well-known photography company in the area. This particular company, and for purposes of me possibly getting sued we'll call them ABC Photo, I have personally researched and have found that their prices are completely outrageous and the general population would not necessarily want and/or be able to pay for it... and to make it worse, I honestly feel people are paying for the name of "ABC Photo" and not quality because most of their photos were cookie-cuttered and very posed. So knowing this already because of my research, I asked them why they do you think people go there. Their response this time wasn't so predictable... in fact, one I realllllllly never thought of!!

Are you ready? No really.... are you????
.........
.........
.........


 "Because we don't know of any other place to go."


Which led me to 2 different internal reactions:
1.) OMG, REALLY!? THAT'S ALL IT WILL TAKE IS EXPOSURE???
2.) I'M GOING TO CHANGE THAT ASAP!


So... from there I have begun an adventure with small beginnings but the possibility of a huge yield. I am embracing opportunities to network through random small talk with ANYone in public places. Yes, I am only one person, so what the heck could I possibly do by sharing my business card with one person. Well, I think there is power in ONE. What is it that tells us internally that ONE isn't good enough to make changes-- whether it's business changes, personal changes, or changes in the world around us?

Believe it or not, my business is NOT all about ME! :) Jesus is to be glorified through it all... Truth is, maybe I could get people the type of photography they WANT that displays who they truly are and not some cheesy pose that the senior before and the senior after will be doing AND do it a price where seniors are not told by their parents that they either pick one of these: 1. to get a yearbook, 2. to get a class ring, or 3. to get their senior pictures taken. Okay, maybe you're the fortunately family who didn't HAVE to make that hard choice but why put people in that corner? I'm not saying that people shouldn't have to pay for a GOOD photographer either. But they deserve to get the pics they pay for and if ABC Photo is mass producing cheesy poses, then maybe my exposure is just want this town needs!!!!! I'm on a tangent now but... hey, it's been awhile and you deserve more than the usual blog, right? I think... and that's the point of this blog! People deserve more...

Love you my amigas(gos), Shannon xoxo

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent idea!! Senior photos! Advertise and real them in girl!

    ReplyDelete