Monday, January 9, 2012

A journey begins with just one step.... so I'm LEAPing

Hello loves! So I thunk and I thunk and I thunk some more about blogging and then thought, 'What am I waiting for? I love to write and I love photography so what's stopping me.' Call it the over-analytical person in me that wants to post on FB to see how many people think I should blog before I take the dive. Well, look at me with my big girl pants on making life decisions without the use of social media resources! *insert applause here* ;)

Okay, so I am not 100% sure where this blog's journey will wander but I'm asking you if you'll wander with me? I will be posting perspectives through my lens and I'm hoping that this will be a beautiful reminder to me that I'm not a photographer just because I want to have a business and make beaucoup bucks... I'm a photographer because there is some sort of artistic itch I have that screams, "SCRATCH ME, dangit!" So I'm <ahem> scratching, if you will... if I become famous all glory to Him, but in the meanwhile I pray that, if anything, it inspires you to live life beyond the mediocre, sensible, fruitless and encourages you to step (or leap) into the zany, passionate, wild & crazy loveliness that life CAN be!

More where that came from... in the mean time let me show you what I've been up to, dolls & gents (if you be)!
*For all you crazy kids, this is moi taking a picture of moi. Isn't that vain? haha*

I got my beautiful Canon camera a couple months ago and, if I may use some non-English language, I'm GaGa over it. If I see it, it must be photographed. I'm pretty sure they should have addiction classes for that. I wouldn't go, but they should have them. Just sayin'. :)

So last night my friend, Natalie, and I went down town to do some adventurous galavanting. I would say we were a success: a random photoshoot developed and I'm oh-so-gloriously excited about that, maybe even a hint of proud! Btw: if you see me use smiley faces, that's just one thing you may have to get used to in my blogging. I'd apologize for my e-happiness but that is silly; would you apologize? I think NOT.

Okay, to start we went to Fountain Square in Indy, which my camera LOVED eating up. Here's why:



Random Pink Roosters

 

Shabby Chic Artsy Shops



People who unintentionally dress the same.... 
this I found utterly hilarious! Oh and this is where we ate too,  at the Red Lion Grog House. Sorry it was blurry, it was a drive-by shooting... (Take that for what it's worth!) ;)

Also, FYI we tried the Scotch Eggs for an appetizer which is a hard-boiled egg surrounded by seasoned sausage deep-fried in a light breaded served with a chili aioli sauce. Not my thing, if I may say so.


And finally... Urbanesque-ness
*new word* stuff like this!

So off we went on our photography, fun-filled adventure... 

This was at the start of our night. Love the sparkle in her eyes! And the signage in the background couldn't be more accurate...


 

Silly silly girls with our self-photo shoots. Now off to the more model-y-ish stuff! POW SHABAM!







And last but not least, one of the finer and last shots of the night.... I caught this eerie moon shot last night and thought it was too cool to not post. Somethings in nature you can't plan or expect, you just have to be camera ready for it. (Thank goodness, camera ready I was!)

*Downtown Indy on 1/8/12*


Tata for now,
Shannon


3 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love the quality of those shots. This makes me want to visit Indy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jason. My timing on the reply is far from current but the sentiment remains the same. :) Hope you're well...

      Delete
  2. amazing stuff girlie! Can't wait to see the other really good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete