Sunday, January 15, 2012

Peacockeries & Other Shenanigans

This really cool thing happened to me while I went on a photography adventure today...

See me, yup, that's me! ;)



This season for me has been where I am utterly in love with peacocks... don't ask why, I couldn't tell you! <3 But I started taking pictures in this neighborhood today because it was perfectly angled near a hill and right where the sun was setting and as I turned around to leave and saw the development had this sign...


Which to you may not have any meaning but for me it just gave me one of the precious moment of reassurance that I am right where I need to be in this space in time.

So I hopped back into the car and started driving down country roads. I didn't know where I would end up but all I knew was that the sun was setting and I wanted to capture her in her raw and sheer beauty.

I'll be happy to be the first to announce that, as usual, she didn't disappoint... living, loving, glowing in her setting.


 

I love nature. It's the best art form existing today. Something about this tree too! Barren, isolated, in the cold but still the sun shines on it like all the rest. My Father loves you no matter how cold you may have become at the ways of life. What a glorious reminder on display.

Funny alert: While I was walking, I got asked twice by passing cars if I was okay or if I needed a ride. I think it was funny. I guess I would have stopped too. I went to a bridge for a pic of a river but there was no place to park there so I had to walk. I'm sure I looked like a crazy girl! Haha

Here is how far away I was from my car! Oh, to give you a hint, see that black speck to the right of the telephone phone. Yup, that's it! haha



Also, this pic was from a couple days ago and I want you to know that I froze my buttocks off. ;) My hair even froze in the 4 minutes or so that I was outside. Tisk, tisk to me for even going out in winter with wet hair!! This is my first pic on the self-timer that I "discovered" (sad, but true) on my camera. Let me know what you think... Also, I am loving this collage art.




xoxo,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment